AccuVein illuminates veins that may be otherwise undetectable with the naked eye. This improves accuracy of treatment and allows the Phlebologist to confirm visually that the treatment has been successful.
How does it work?
Hemoglobin in the blood absorbs infrared light. When the device is held above the skin, veins appear noticeably different than the surrounding tissue. The veins shows up clearly on the skin’s surface, aiding and simplifying varicose vein location for treatment.
AccuVein Infrared Vein Treatment can help in Sclerotherapy procedures to:
- Show the veins to patients
- Locate feeder veins
- Show foam sclerosant (the substance injected into veins during Sclerotherapy) in real time
- Highlight veins during transdermal laser therapy
- Map varicose veins for Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- Visually confirm efficacy of procedure
AccuVein Infrared Vein Treatment in Action