Dr Peter Paraskevas (MBBS, FRACGP, FACP, GCertHSc (Med Sonography)), is a qualified phlebologist and a full member of the Australasian College of Phlebology. He has a strong background in Emergency and General Medicine. After obtaining his fellowship with the RACGP (4 years of additional training, rural and urban placements and examinations), he worked in Private Practice during which time he developed an interest in varicose vein disease, venous ulcers and peripheral arterial disease.
He decided to completely dedicate himself to the assessment and treatment of chronic venous disease and as such, joined the Australasian College of Phlebology specialist training program and completed his Certificate of Sclerotherapy (by examination). He then established Vein Health Medical Clinic, a vein clinic that is solely dedicated to varicose vein disease and treatment. He has since completed the Graduate Certificate in Vascular Ultrasound which certifies him to accurately perform and report on venous disease using the latest in ultrasound technology. He maintains his training in Emergency Medicine by completing the Advanced Life Support Training on an annual basis.
In addition to his formal training in the field of phlebology, Dr Paraskevas has trained with world renowned phlebologists and vascular surgeons both in Australia and abroad and continues to improve on his skills in a rapidly evolving field. He attends annual conferences of the Australasian College of Phlebology and remains actively involved providing lectures in anatomy and ultrasound. He also attends yearly conferences of the UIP (International Union of Phlebology), held in Europe and the United States, to constantly stay ahead of the evolving trends in varicose vein treatment.
Dr Paraskevas is currently involved in the training of basic registrars of the College of Phlebology. He provides education and hands on clinical tuition to doctors wishing to enter into the specialty field. He is a regular examiner of both Basic and Advanced Registrars, sitting their preliminary and final oral examinations with the College of Phlebology. In addition to this, Dr Paraskevas regularly provides lectures in the field of phlebology both in a conference and seminar setting.
Dr Paraskevas is an extremely caring doctor who has a passion for treating patients afflicted with chronic venous disease, venous ulceration and unsightly veins. He aims to provide the best possible treatment outcomes for all his patients in a modern, relaxed environment.
In addition to his ongoing passion in the field of Vein Treatment, Dr Paraskevas has pursued other areas of Surgical Cosmetic Medicine, in particular Hair Transplant Surgery and Liposuction.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery - Monash University)
- FRACGP (Fellow of the Australian College of General Practitioners)
- Certified Sclerotherapist (Australasian College of Phlebology)
- Graduate Certificate of Health Science (Medical Sonography- University of Sydney)
- PHLEBOLOGIST - F.A.C.P. (Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Full Member of the Australasian College of Phlebology
- Member of the Australian Institute of Ultrasound
- Graduate Fellow of the Australasian College of Phlebology
- American Academy of Aesthetics Medicine (AAAM)
- Affiliate Member of the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgeons
- Full Member of the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons)
- Director Vein Health Medical Clinic
- Director Hair Transplant Innovations
- Executive Board Member of the Australasian College of Phlebology (ACP)
- Committee Chair of Continuing Professional Education, ACP
- Committee Chair of M.B.S. Committee, ACP
- Committee Chair of Membership Approval Committee, ACP
- Committee Member Board of Censors, ACP